We are seeking a Research and Development (R&D) Manager to be a part of our successful medical and dental imaging company in San Jose, CA. We have a unique R&D team that involves human anatomy content, 3D visualization software, collaborations with research institutes, and medical device development. This manager will take on a senior leadership role for the R&D team.
- Manage R&D team projects and personnel by establishing schedules and deadlines, assigning work, resolving problems and monitoring results.
- Work directly with external vendors and institutions to manage projects and collaborations related to research and development
- Lead the team in the execution of new medical technology developments
- Establish and manage a system for new product development and research
- Assess results and present reports to management on R&D projects
- Provide coaching to direct reports to help foster team development
- Determine priorities, budgets, and resource allocation
- 3+ years minimum experience directly supervising, leading, and motivating a R&D team, including proven technical leadership in the medical industry
- 5+ years R&D experience in Medical Device, Engineering, or Biomedical industry
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering, Scientific or related field required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Ability to guide other team members and build effective cross-functional relationships
- Demonstrated knowledge of development, manufacturing and quality systems requirements
- Health and Dental Insurance
- 401(k) plan with generous employer matching
- Commuter benefits
- Generous PTO leave and paid holidays
- Team bonding activities
- Casual work culture
- Onsite fitness center
- Daily breakfast
Founded in 2004, Anatomage is a world-leading health care technology company. Anatomage offers 3D medical imaging software and hardware for diagnosis, treatment planning, customized surgical devices, and anatomy education in both the dental and medical industries.
Anatomage has been financially robust and growing for 12 consecutive years. Doctors world-wide have enthusiastically responded to the company’s products, making us a market leader and setting the industry standard. Currently, thousands of clinics and hospitals use Anatomage's software for patient diagnosis and treatment planning. Leading radiology equipment companies use Anatomage’s software as a key component in their systems.
Anatomage offers the world’s first and only life-sized virtual dissection table. Students can learn anatomy and physiology using highly interactive and accurate real human-based digital data. Institutions can offer high quality education without worrying about chemicals, facility costs, and regulatory issues. Hundreds of schools have adopted the Anatomage Table as the main teaching tool for students.
At Anatomage, there is an opportunity to work alongside the best in the field. With a diverse group of people from various technical, clinical, and artistic backgrounds, Anatomage provides a culture where distinguished individuals can work and collaborate in an organic manner. Our team members all bring unique strengths and talents to their group and embrace each others diverse perspectives.
Our philosophy is to foster a dynamic work environment, and we are proud to let our employees' knowledge and responsibilities grow with the company. Anatomage offers a distinct work experience with an exceptional opportunity to develop careers. The company is headquartered in a modern high-rise building overlooking the beautiful Guadalupe River Park, located at the heart of downtown San Jose. Our office is walking distance to luxury hotels, museums, and restaurants.
Anatomage, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not offer H1B Sponsorship at this time. Please send cover letter and resume.